Saturday 28 September 2013

Week 3 Reflection or was it week 2

Material Development
For this week’s blog entry, we are asked to post a reflection regarding our previous assignments. Three questions are given as our guideline in writing our reflection. The questions are as follows:

1)      How does it affect me as pre-service teacher?
2)      How does it affect my current level of knowledge?
3)      How can I use that knowledge to improve myself?

Reflection

Firstly, when I was a student I sometimes thought that learning everything from a graphic novel would be the awesomes thing to do. But that would be impossible because if it possible then someone would have done it. The material though did interest me a lot. Well maybe not all of them but some of it. I mean how did the teacher makes them and why some of the material is good but other are not so good.  After watching the Jeremy Short video, I understand that some of the materials are not target to my needs instead it was for my other classmate.

Secondly, it really affects my current level of knowledge because in each passing week there is assignment and in these assignments is where the chance for me to gain more knowledge comes. I really like being exposed to the principles of behind material development because it will really help me for other assignment not just in the near future but also when I have become a full teacher. 

Lastly, with this knowledge I have gained a better understanding of how to make a material for my future learner. With this new found knowledge I really starting to think that I want to experiment in making my material so that I would be able to grasp the technical side of making a material. Success or not in making material the experience in making it would be very valuable.



1 comment:

  1. Experimenting or being curious is a great asset for any teacher. But do note, where you get your inspiration for any materials should be supported by principles which you have learnt in your four years as a TESL student!

    ReplyDelete